Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Jari's Record

Jari is tough on crime
-Oklahoma Fraternal Order of Police has endorsed Jari Askins as the best candidate for fighting crime.
- A former Assistant District Attorney in Stephens county (where Jari was a special judge) said that she gave though sentences to criminals and was a fair and honest judge.
- "When I do vote to release someone, I can say I would feel safe with that person moving in next door to me." Jari Askins said on March 31, 1991 while serving on the parole board.

Jari is for gun owner rights
- Has an 'A' rating from the NRA. NRA has not endorsed either candidate and gives both the same grade.

Jari has pro-growth experience
- She knows what business need to succeed, Jari's family business, an abstract company, allows her a business perspective that no other candidate can offer.

Jari supports traditional marriage
-She voted for the gay marriage ban
-Asked about gay marriage, Askins said, "My religion believes that marriage is between a man and a woman, but my religion also ... teaches me to treat other people the way that I want to be treated and to show tolerance." -The Oklahoman

Jari supports tax cuts
- She voted to end the death tax.

Jari protects the life of the unborn
-Voted to change the definition of homicide to include the life of a fetus.
-Voted for parental written consent for minors.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home